For those who didn't see it - the 2018-2019 FTC Challenge is called Rover Ruckus! More to follow...but let your imaginations runs wild!
Flickr Album of 2018 Regional!
Congratulations to our 5 San Diego region teams advancing to the Super-Regionals!
Inspire award winner 7696 Singularity
Winning Alliance Captain 9441 Syndicate
Inspire Award Finalist 2 - 11128 Inspiration
Winning Alliance First Pick - 4216 Rise of Hephaestus (already advancing)
Inspire Award Finalist 3 - 11411 Cherry Pi
San Diego Regional Championships
Teams Eligible for Advancement
FTC Scoring Software © 2017-2018 FIRST®
Teams Eligible for Advancement generated at 02/26/18 10:59:36 PM
Advancement CriteriaTeam #
1. Inspire Award Winner 7696
2. San Diego Regional Championships Winning Alliance Captain9441
3. Inspire Award Finalist 2 11128
4. San Diego Regional Championships Winning Alliance First Pick 4216 - Already Advancing
5. Inspire Award Finalist 3 11411
6. San Diego Regional Championships Winning Alliance Second Pick 12823
7. Think Award Winner 9261
8. San Diego Regional Championships Finalist Alliance Captain 7696 - Advancing Above
9. Connect Award Winner 10092
10. San Diego Regional Championships Finalist Alliance First Pick 4262
11. Rockwell Collins Innovate Award Winner 11212
12. San Diego Regional Championships Finalist Alliance Second Pick 11128 - Advancing Above
13. Design Award Winner12666
14. Motivate Award Winner7159
15. Control Award Winner 9441 - Advancing Above
We still have one month to Jump Start our region!
As the San Diego First Tech Challenge affiliate partner, I wanted to reach out to you regarding First Tech Challenge (FTC) who just launched their 2018 Jump Start program!
Do you like working together, problem-solving, programming a robot, and much more. With FIRST® Tech Challenge Jump Start, it’s the perfect time to build those skills, learn new ones, and impact our future innovators.
FIRST Tech Challenge Jump Start lets you start a team just for fun and get the resources and extra time needed to prepare for a successful 2018-2019 FIRST Tech Challenge season. Jump Start teams receive:
• a full credit towards the 2018/2019 season registration
• time to practice robot building and programming without the pressure of competition
• FIRST® Class, our FIRST Tech Challenge curriculum
• a discounted kit of parts
• up to $550 in needs-based grants if applicable*
• access to $50 million in scholarships
Register your team by March 30 to get a jump start and join the excitement of FIRST Tech Challenge. If your team needs additional help, up to $550 in needs-based grants are available through FIRST.
You can sign up and learn more here: http://info.firstinspires.org/firsttechchallenge-jumpstart-info-2018
Specific to the San Diego region, the first 20 teams who register for Jump Start 2018 and follow up by registering for the San Diego region competitions for the 2018-2019 season will also have their regional fee (approximately $250) waived thanks to the generosity of Qualcomm.
Jump Start teams will also be added to the SDFTC eblast list and be informed of any off season activities.
Lastly, you can sign up to the San Diego FTC Newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/cIL0AX to keep up to date with the latest updates for the San Diego FTC region starting now.
Thank you and go FIRST Tech Challenge!
Any questions? - just ask!
San Diego FTC – Affiliate Partner
The San Diego FTC Regional needs Volunteers! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out!
FIRSTInspires.org registered adults can go straight to this link AND the position descriptions can be found here as well!
Here is a link to details about the regional.
Relic Recovery Teams!
I am reaching out to ALL of you to congratulate you, whether or not you advanced to the regional. You were all amazing to watch and although I did not make by all of the sites this time around, I heard about some great Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition at all of the League Championships!
DO NOT TAKE THAT ROBOT APART!
If you did or did not advance there are a lot of great opportunities still to come to put that robot back to work with the current challenge! Here is a sample of some upcoming opportunities that we will be sending more information out about shortly:
* Demo at the FLL Scrimmage Feb. 24-25th (same weekend as the regional)
* Demo at the FRC regional March 9-11
* Mid-May Festival of San Diego FTC scrimmage and "unique" competition (how high can you stack these blocks, eh?) - still in planning
* July - potential full tournament
Also, here are two great videos that I hope you will share with your teams. There are times when failure is not only an option, but its part of the process. What was learned from this last season is more important than the results!
Leads to Success
REGIONAL Information: The Regional will be held at the San Diego Jewish Academy (LOCATION CHANGE) on February 25th with set up the night before (help will be requested). Information on the San Diego Regional can be found here:
Here are all of the results!!!
The top 9 teams from each league via the advancement criteria were advanced to the Regional
Dear San Diego FTC Coaches and Senior Students:
Applications are now open for the 2017-2018 San Diego FTC Achievement Scholarships. There will be multiple scholarships awarded this year!
Deadline: February 17, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Winners Announced: February 25, 2018 (at the San Diego Regional Championship)
To apply, just return the attached application, the coach recommendation form, and the (optional but strongly recommended) counselor recommendation form so that they are received by February 17, 2018.